Pirate Ship

Pirate Ship
Here is a pirate ship I found on iheartvector.com until I have my own art to post.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Artist Assignment

This assignment was to choose an artist and create a work of art in their style and also include some of their art.  I chose Salvador Dali.  My work is meant to be a magazine spread, 4 pages.  The art on the front is not necessarily Dali's style, but uses his common colors and the theme of "photographed dreams".  Dali used a lot of blues, browns, and yellows and lots of gradients in his early surreal work.  I decided to highlight the areas opposite of the expected, to play on a surreal feel.  I found it much more difficult to use Illustrator for this instead of InDesign.  It would be best to create the art using Illustrator then place into InDesign to manipulate the text and overall layout.

"A true artist is not one who is inspired, but one who inspires others."

No comments:

Post a Comment